We cherish date evenings because they allow us to make cherished memories and strengthen our bonds with our significant others. Incorporating a flavorful and spicy dinner into a date night is the perfect approach to enhance the experience. Here we have Spicy Rigatoni alla Vodka, a recipe that brings together the comforting flavours of Italian-American food with the fiery heat of chilli peppers. Learn where the recipe for Spicy Rigatoni alla Vodka came from, how to prepare it exactly as written, and what to add to it to make it very fiery and delicious.
Why Spicy Rigatoni alla Vodka Makes Such a Great Date Dish
There’s just something about a pasta with a little spice that feels special. Here’s why this fiery rigatoni makes for an exceptional dinner for two:
- It’s indulgent yet exciting – ultra creamy sauce with a slow burn heat
- The sauce clings to every ridge of the rigatoni for max flavor
- Easy to share directly from the skillet with lingering gazes into each other’s eyes
- Just the right amount of heat that sparks conversation about the flavors
- The contrast of temperatures from creamy and cool to fiery and hot
- Sensually swirl your forks together right in the pan if you feel so inclined!
- Ends with pleasantly tingling lips as you lean in for a goodnight kiss
Hence why a spicy pasta for two just hits different. Now let’s break down how to make this sultry sauce!
How to Make Luxuriously Creamy and Pleasantly Spicy Vodka Sauce
The key to incredible vodka sauce lies in cooking the tomato paste to intensify the sweetness before adding the dairy. Sriracha and crushed red pepper then turn up the spice factor.
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 8 ounces pancetta, diced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/4 cup vodka
- 1 28-ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2-3 teaspoons sriracha, or to taste
- 12 ounces rigatoni pasta
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil, sliced
- Grated parmesan, for serving
- Cook the pancetta: Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add pancetta and cook, stirring occasionally until crisp, about 6 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer to a paper towel-lined plate.
- Sauté the aromatics: Add onion to rendered pancetta fat and cook until soft, 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook 1 minute more.
- Intensify tomato flavor: Stir in tomato paste and cook 2 minutes. Pour in vodka and simmer 1 minute.
- Make the sauce: Stir in crushed tomatoes, heavy cream, crushed red pepper and sriracha. Bring to a gentle simmer and cook 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until thickened.
- Toss with pasta: Meanwhile, cook rigatoni according to package directions until al dente. Drain, reserving 1⁄2 cup pasta water. Add rigatoni and reserved pasta water to sauce. Toss over medium heat 2 minutes until completely coated.
- Finish and serve: Remove from heat and stir in crispy pancetta and fresh basil. Serve in warmed bowls topped with freshly grated parmesan. Enjoy this spicy rigatoni with crispy, garlicky bread for soaking up every last luscious bite!
More Date Night Pasta Ideas to Heat Things Up
Once you see how a spicy pasta can enhance date night, you’ll want to keep testing the boundaries of heat. Here are some more great ideas for two:
- Penne Arrabbiata – another spicy tomato situation with tons of garlicky punch
- Spicy Shrimp Fettuccine – because creamy seafood + heat = a lusty combo
- Tequila Lime Chicken Ziti – pasta with a south of the border kick
- Cajun Chicken Alfredo – blackened chicken simmered right into the creamy sauce
- Pappardelle Bolognese – just a touch of heat amps up the meaty ragu
And as always, make sure to enjoy a sensually bold glass of red wine alongside any of these saucy numbers. The tannins help balance the spices, while enhancing the romanticism of it all.
So cozy up by candlelight, pour a lush glass of cabernet, and let a spicy rigatoni alla vodka set the mood for an evening of passion. Just be careful not to get burned by the flames of love – or the pasta! wink
FAQs for Making the Ultimate Spicy Rigatoni alla Vodka:
1. Is this sauce spicy enough to impress my chile head partner?
For extreme heat lovers, amp up the sriracha to 5 teaspoons, or add crushed peppers and red pepper flakes to taste. You know your tolerance best!
2. What rigatoni substitution would you recommend?
The ridges in rigatoni grab extra sauce for maximum indulgence. But penne, farfalle, or campanelle could also steam up date night nicely.
3. How do I thin the sauce if it gets too thick?
Stir in additional pasta water 1⁄4 cup at a time until desired consistency is reached. The starch makes a smooth emulsified sauce.
4. Would this sauce work for lasagna instead?
Absolutely! Omit the pasta, then layer the spicy tomato-vodka cream sauce along with noodles and cheese galore.
5. What protein should we add to make this a main meal?
Sautéed shrimp or seared scallops would be sublime. Chicken and sausage also both pair nicely. Or keep it veggie only!
6. What wine would you suggest I chill for our fiery pasta dinner?
I’d chill a bottle of white – a sweet Riesling or Gewurztraminer would provide a fascinating flavor contrast.
You Can Also Read Here Creamy Seafood Macaroni and Cheese