You’ve probably heard of Rod Parsley if you watch Christian programming on television. He is well-known in the United States as a Christian clergyman, author, TV personality, and evangelist. He is the lead pastor of World Harvest Church, a big nondenominational church with a campus in Elkhart, Indiana. World Harvest Church is located in Canal Winchester, Ohio, a suburb of Columbus. Valour Christian College, which provides associate’s and bachelor’s degrees in a variety of ministerial fields, was founded and is still presided over by him as well. Breakthrough with Rod Parsley, his daily programme on Daystar TV and The Word Network, is seen by millions of people around the world.
Who exactly is Rod Parsley, anyway? How did he rise to prominence as one of the most divisive figures in the history of the Christian church? What exactly is he trying to say and accomplish? In this piece, we’ll take a closer look at Rod Parsley, the guy behind the millions.
The Early Years
Country music star Rod Parsley was born in Cleveland, Ohio on January 13. As a child, he and his family made frequent trips to eastern Kentucky, where both his father James and mother Ellen had grown up. He may still be easily identified by his strong Kentucky drawl. Parsley was reared as a Free Will Baptist, a Christian sect that places a premium on individual agency and accountability for one’s own salvation.
Parsley experienced salvation at the age of eight during a revival at a tiny Pentecostal church outside of Columbus. He had a divine encounter and resolved to devote his life to Jesus. He experienced the Holy Spirit’s Baptism as a young man at Gahanna, Ohio’s Christian Centre Church. A newfound confidence and fervour for God accompanied his ability to talk in tongues. As a result, he gained a more holistic understanding of the church and his ultimate call to the ministry.
After finishing high school, he tried his hand at both the real estate industry and the pet food manufacturing industry. He was at a loss for direction in life and was unhappy with the status quo. Parsley’s choice to enter full-time ministry was the culmination of many experiences, including reading books by Kenneth Hagin and Oral Roberts, going to charismatic meetings, and experiencing miracles. He started out at what is now called Ohio Christian University, Circleville Bible College, but left after only two years.
Rod Parsley was profoundly impacted as a young pastor by Lester Sumrall, an evangelist, missionary, and broadcaster located in Indiana. Sumrall became like a father figure to Parsley, and the two regularly went on adventures together. Faith, health, freedom, and resurgence were all topics that Sumrall discussed with Parsley. He urged him to begin his own ministry, both in person and on television.
In 1986, Parsley wed Joni Parsley. Austin, their son, and Ashton, their daughter, are now adults. They are located in or around Pickerington, a Columbus suburb.
The Growth of His Ministry
Rod Parsley started his church in 1977 after doing Bible studies in his childhood home. The initial gathering was attended by seventeen persons. A church was quickly established as a result of their Bible study. Sonrise Chapel afterwards changed its name to Word of Life Church.
Parsley’s message of faith, healing, and deliverance led to rapid expansion of the church. He also added theatre and multimedia to his services with praise and worship music. When his church’s facilities became inadequate, he relocated his congregation. In 1986, he bought a vacant mall in Canal Winchester and turned it into what is now World Harvest Church. There are now more than 12,000 members at the church’s two locations in Ohio and Indiana.
Breakthrough, Parsley’s television show, premiered in 1985. Before moving on to major networks, he started out broadcasting on regional cable stations. His show combines sermons, audience testimony, miracles, and prominent guests. He also presides over live gatherings like crusades, conventions, and camp meetings. His show is seen by millions of people throughout the world thanks to satellite and online broadcasting.
In his many publications, Parsley covers a wide range of subjects, including faith, healing, deliverance, revival, prophecy, and culture. His works “No Dry Season” (1999), “Silent No More” (2005), “Culturally Incorrect” (2007), and “Revival If…” (2021) are all bestsellers. His works have been translated into many tongues and published in many countries.
Rod Parsley has also established or served as the head of a number other groups with a similar objective. The following are examples of such groups:
- The Center for Moral Clarity: The Centre for Moral Clarity is a Christian grassroots advocacy group working to change public policy on moral problems like abortion, homosexual marriage, racism, poverty, and religious freedom by educating and mobilising Christians.
- Bridge of Hope: Bridge of Hope is a missions organisation that works to develop churches and spread the gospel in places including Haiti, Sudan, India, and Pakistan.
- Harvest Preparatory School: Harvest Preparatory School is a private Christian institution that educates children in grades pre-K through 12.
- World Harvest Ministerial Alliance: The World Harvest Ministerial Alliance is a group of ministers and congregations working together to share resources and provide mutual support.
- The Women’s Clinic of Columbus: Women in Columbus who find themselves in an unintended pregnancy can visit the Women’s Clinic, a pro-life medical facility that provides free pregnancy testing, ultrasounds, counselling, and referrals.
- RODPARSLEY.TV: RODPARSLEY.TV is a live, nonstop online channel broadcasting Parsley’s sermons, classes, and other events.
The Impact of His Message
Parsley’s message is one of hope and restoration through faith, health, freedom, and renewal. He thinks God has a plan to get His people back on track with who they were meant to be. In addition, he thinks God intends to utilise His people to change the world. He encourages his listeners to take a stand for what they know is right, to believe in God for miracles, and to carry out their divine calling.
Rod Parsley ministry has resulted in numerous healings, conversions, and testimonies. He has seen numerous people healed of their illnesses, freed from the grip of addictions, and released from the influence of evil spirits. And he’s witnessed conversions, Holy Spirit baptisms, and calls to ministry. People who have been moved by his words have written to him, emailed him, and called him in their hundreds.
Rod Parsley is deeply committed to publicly promoting moral principles and biblical ideals. He has no qualms about denouncing the evil that threatens to bring down the country and the church. He has participated in numerous movements and campaigns that defend fundamental values like the right to life, marriage, race equality, and religious liberty. He has also spoken out on behalf of the persecuted church worldwide.
Parsley has taken a stand for or against the following issues:
- Abortion: Since he was a young pastor and saw an abortion, he has been an outspoken pro-life champion. He has shown his support for pro-life causes by endorsing several pieces of legislation. In addition, he provides abortion alternatives through The Women’s Clinic of Columbus.
- Gay Marriage: He has been an outspoken critic of gay marriage and the LGBT rights movement. The Defence of Marriage Act and the Federal Marriage Amendment are two pieces of legislation he has backed. He’s also spoken out against homosexuality, saying it’s bad for kids and communities.
- Racism: He has been an advocate for ending discrimination and improving race relations. He has spoken out against racism and made a plea for forgiveness. He has also praised the uniqueness and harmony of the Christian church.
- Poverty: He has helped the needy and destitute out of sympathy for them. Through his organisation, Bridge of Hope, he has given millions of people access to basic necessities like food, water, clothing, housing, education, and healthcare. He has also given individuals the tools they need to use faith and hard effort to break free from poverty.
- Religious Freedom: He has consistently advocated for the right to freely practise one’s religion. The attempts of secularism and humanism to silence or marginalise Christians have been met with his staunch opposition. He has also defended the freedom of Christians to practise their faith, evangelise, and hold jobs of their choosing.
The money comes from Rod Parsley. He has had an impact on the lives of countless people through his preaching and teaching. He is a man whose ideals and perspective have inspired millions. He has inspired millions of people with his sincerity and devotion to God.
Visit https://www.rodparsley.com/ or tune in to his programme at https://www.rodparsley.tv/ to find out more about Rod Parsley and his ministry. In addition to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube, you may follow him on these other social networking sites as well.
We trust that this piece was both entertaining and enlightening for you. Leave any questions, comments, or concerns in the space provided below. Your feedback is much appreciated.