Piecaken is a delectable dish that blends three distinct pies with a cake. In recent years, this unusual treat has become more popular. Apple pie filling, pecan pie filling, spice cake, pumpkin pie, and cinnamon buttercream icing make up the dessert. Any occasion calls for this dessert.
In 2015, Zac Young came up with the idea for Piecaken. In addition to being a TV personality, he is a pastry chef. For Thanksgiving, he made the dessert, and it was a smashing success. Over time, the dessert gained a lot of fans and is now a mainstay at many Christmas parties.
Because it mixes three distinct pies with a cake, piecaken is a significant dessert. Pie and cake lovers will adore it. Those looking for a dessert that is a little out of the ordinary will also love it.
Traditional ingredients for pecan pie include corn syrup, eggs and pecans. This autumnal treat is just the right balance of sweet and nutty.
Pureed pumpkin, eggs, and spices come together to form the traditional pumpkin pie. The season’s sweet and spicy flavours come together in this dish.
Spices like cloves, cinnamon, and nutmeg give spice cake its moist and savoury texture. This cake is very delightful for autumn.
Cinnamon Buttercream Frosting
Butter, powdered sugar, and cinnamon come together to form cinnamon buttercream frosting, a smooth and sugary icing. The icing is just right for the piecake.
Apple Pie Filling
Made with sugar, spices, and apples, apple pie filling has a sweet and sour flavour. For the Piecaken, it is the ideal filling.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Grease three 9-inch cake pans.
- In a large bowl, mix together the ingredients for the pecan pie filling.
- Pour the pecan pie filling into one of the cake pans.
- In another large bowl, mix together the ingredients for the pumpkin pie filling.
- Pour the pumpkin pie filling into another cake pan.
- In a third large bowl, mix together the ingredients for the spice cake.
- Pour the spice cake batter into the third cake pan.
- Bake the cakes for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let the cakes cool completely.
- Place the pecan pie layer on a cake plate.
- Spread a layer of cinnamon buttercream frosting on top of the pecan pie layer.
- Place the pumpkin pie layer on top of the cinnamon buttercream frosting.
- Spread another layer of cinnamon buttercream frosting on top of the pumpkin pie layer.
- Place the spice cake layer on top of the cinnamon buttercream frosting.
- Spread another layer of cinnamon buttercream frosting on top of the spice cake layer.
- Top the Piecaken with apple pie filling.
- Serve and enjoy!
Tips for making the perfect Piecaken
- Prior to assemble the piecaken, ensure that the cakes have cooled completely.
- Before you put the cakes in the pie pan, level them with a serrated knife.
- To frost the Piecaken more easily, use a cake turntable.
- Allow the piecake to chill in the fridge for half an hour before to serving.
For the Piecaken, you may experiment with various cakes and pies. Instead of pecan pie, you might use cherry, blueberry, or lemon pie. Instead of spice cake, you may use chocolate, vanilla, or red velvet cake.
The Piecaken may be decorated with a variety of frostings. In place of cinnamon buttercream frosting, you might use cream cheese, chocolate, or caramel icing, for instance.
The toppings for the piecaken may be whatever you choose. Instead of apple pie filling, you might substitute whipped cream, chocolate chips, or chopped nuts.
To serve the Piecaken, slice it into pieces and serve it on a plate. You can also serve it with whipped cream or ice cream. you can refrigerate the PieCaken for at least an hour or tightly wrapped for up to 5 days.
- Coffee: Piecaken goes well with a steaming mug of coffee. The tartness of the coffee goes well with the sugary pie.
- Tea: Another delicious accompaniment to piecaken is a cup of tea. There is no better pairing than the comforting tea with the sugary pie.
- Ice Cream: Traditionally, pie is served with a dollop of vanilla ice cream. Nothing beats the contrast between the icy ice cream and the toasty pie.
- Whipped Cream: The classic and delectable accompaniment to piecaken is a scoop of whipped cream. The luscious Piecaken goes well with the airy whipped cream.
Caramel Sauce: Drizzling some caramel sauce over the piecaken is the perfect way to top it off. Caramel sauce’s sweetness complements the richness of the piecaken well.